Sunday, July 13, 2008

God's Humor

God Humor

I find it funny sometimes when God just shows you something after you did something and shows you exactly what it was. Let me explain. I've researched this passion for Healing through the Bible, God put things on my heart to research and share with others. I write these topics down. Share them with my mother, who incedentily sees a prophet (Dan) a couple times a month. She starts telling me about prophets, the Elijiah List and what they are all saying around the world. So I kinda retreat because of my youth and her telling me about "Signs of the End" So I tell her I don't want to know anything about prophets. So, once again God starts speaking to me, Do you know what a Prophet is? Now that He ask, makes we question if I really did. So the next day I asked my mother what a Prophet was, she said I don't know, ask Dan. (I smelled a fish when she said that) (The prophet she sees; she emailed me his email address that I got today) Well today June 10, 2008, I decide to go to the free online dictionary to look up the word prophet. Before all this, my understanding of a Prophet was someone God uses to see the future. Well, that may be in some cases but what I found out shocked me. Let me copy paste some of what it says:

proph·et  (prft)
1. A person who speaks by divine inspiration or as the interpreter through whom the WILL of a God is Expressed.
2. A person gifted with profound moral insight and exceptional powers of expression.
3. A predictor; a soothsayer.

Well, I called my mother when I got home and told her what I just read. I then asked her, did you know what a prophet was? She said yes. I said you just wanted me to find out for myself, huh? Yes.

Well I am not in a rush to call myself a prophet, although it is pretty cool to see Prophetic Words were given to me! Paul talks about seeking after the highest gift "prophesy" I never looked at it that way, personally I would rather have Healing. LOL! Hey, from the words of Mary mother of Jesus, "Be it unto me as You desire Lord."

Just wanted to share that.
Blessings

No comments: