Monday, June 9, 2008

TRINITY (1 but 3) or (3 as 1)

Trinity-
1 but 3 (One Being, All the time, yet 3) -vs- 3 as 1 (Three Individuals acting together in One accord)?

Where do you stand on this subject? Most Christians way heavily on the 1 but 3 side. Too much if you ask me.
I once described to my friend the trinity as an egg or an atom. You have the nuetron, the proton, and the electron. He then said it's not really like that, it's more like water. One is solid, one is liquid and the other is gas, but they are all the same element - water.

The deeper more intimate I go with my walk with the (trinity) The more I find them as 3 individual persons. What I mean is, the trinity are individuals acting in one accord. Nothing happens without the other 2 in total harmony and agreance. Yeah I am so far past the whole "They Are All One" thought. They act in one accord and we can not fathom how it works, so we tend to gravitate towards All in One. That's actually going the to far side of Religious. We believe that because we've heard pastors preach that since birth, but your own research will show you 3 individuals acting in one accord. I need not prove it to anyone, just to inform you that God has revealed it to me this way. Funny thing is that after listening to various sermons from various Pastors I recently came across Todd Bently who confirmed just that. I love it when stuff like that happens! He has a few teaching out that I recently heard him talk about the manifold of God as individuals in one accord.

Genesis Let US make man in OUR image. (working together as individuals) Does this mean the 3 looked the same and man was created to look like them? Or does it mean that man is like 3 beings in one. Body, Soul, and Spirit?

When Christ died on the cross, God had to look away because of the sin. Could He do that if it were Himself? No.
Mark 15:34 "And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Jesus said unless I go away, the Comforter (Holy Spirit) could not come to you and me.

When Jesus was baptised in the Jordan, the Holy Spirit descended on Him, and a God said, "This is my son whom I love, with Him I am well pleased." Matthew 3:16 (3 separate individuals, in the same verse)

Jesus said I can do nothing unless I see the Father do it. So if the 3 were 1 why wouldn't He just (see Himself do it) as it was being done? It is in One Accord that they act together. But they are 3 individuals!

Acts 10:38 How GOD anointed JESUS of Nazareth with the HOLY SPIRIT and Power,... (3 individuals, but acting in one accord, each has Their purpose) (If Jesus was God, how come He did not have the Holy Spirit in Him already? and How come He anointed Himself?) The explanation is they are Three individuals acting in One Accord.

Colossians 2:9-12
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form... (At the Baptism of Jesus, a Voice from Heaven said "This is my son whom I love, in Him I am well pleased." At that same moment the Holy Spirit (a dove) descended and rested on Him. That is the point that the Deity was formed. God Himself did not enter Jesus Fully, nor Jesus enter God, but Jesus did EVERYTHING the father showed Him. Jesus said I can not do anything unless I see the Father do it first.

Luke 22:42 (Jesus in prayer)
"FATHER, if you are willing, take this cup from ME; yet NOT MY WILL, but YOURS be done."

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Galatians 3:20
A mediator, however, does not represent just one party; but God is one.

Revelations 5:1-10
Furthermore, John shows the individuals separated in this verse when He is in Heaven. He sees God on the throne, then Jesus appears next to Him. (verse 7 - Jesus came and took the scroll from the right hand of Him (God) who sat on the throne.)

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you ANOTHER Comforter (Holy Spirit), that He may abide with you for ever;17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but you know Him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. (Jesus said this-IF they are the same, Holy Spirit & Jesus) Why doesn't Jesus just say "I will be with you", No, He refers to ANOTHER, different from himself.

John 16:7 But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. (Jesus & the Holy Spirit are two separate beings here too.) If they were one He would not mention the Comforter. They DO act in One accord, but they are separate individuals.

1 Corinthians 11:3 "Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God." The head of Jesus is God- recognition of 2 individuals.

Luke 22:69 "But from now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the mighty God."

Acts 7:56 "Look," he said, "I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."

1 Corinthians 15:27
For He "has put everything under his feet."
Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.

Hebrews 1:1-3
In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days He (God) has spoken to us by His Son (Jesus), whom He (God) appointed heir of all things, and through whom He (Jesus) made the universe. "The Son (Jesus) is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His (God's) being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After He (Jesus) had provided purification for sins, He (Jesus) sat down at the right hand of the Majesty (God) in heaven."

Mark 10:17-18
As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. "Good teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?" "Why do you call me good?" JESUS answered. "No one is good—except GOD alone.

You judge for yourself, but let men be a liars and God be true. Don't make a judgement on what man (pastors) have been preaching to you, look at the Bible and make your own decision. Ask God for discernment and wisdom.

We will not fully understand it, but there is distinction of the three mentioned biblically. If it is better for you to understand them as 1, stay with that. I am not trying to hinder anyone, just bring a deeper understanding of the trinity. Not trying to make anyone stumble, but encourage for a more intimate relationship with the Trinity.

No comments: