Monday, June 16, 2008

Peace and Unity -or- Division?

We addressed this in class this past week. Although I was not there when they discussed it due to childcare, I thought it relevant to post this, not because God told me, but because it is a good topic of discussion.

Did Jesus come to bring Peace & Unity? Or did He come to bring division?
What do you think?

Well it depends on the time and place.

We find in a lot of Paul's writings that Jesus came to bring Unity and Peace. Because He is with God and God is Love. Not to mention the Unity in the Trinity. Paul was talking mostly for Christians to Christians. BUT Jesus directly said "Do Not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did Not come to bring peace, but a sword. (division)" Realize here that a sword is symbolic in the Bible for Division and The Word (Bible). Both symbols are an accurate term for what He was talking about.

Allow me to show you an example to the extreme. Pretend, you live in a Muslim ran country, your neighbors, friends, and even family will turn you into the police because you are a Christian. As a Christian there, you need to Love God more then anything/anyone else. He is giving you a truth, that there will be division there. The Division does not come from the Christian, but the spirit of the antichrist, Muslims etc. He is saying Christians need to take a stand and acknowledge Him in front of others, against the odds. Christ said this plainly in Matthew 10:32-33 Acknowledge me before men, or I will disown you in front of my Father in Heaven. Christ is saying our Love for Him has to be greater then that of those around us. Persecution will come! And He is pointing out here, it will come especially in the home. Even though we are to Love one another, we will not be able to prevent others from Not loving us.

Are we so far away from all this because we live in the USA, that it does not effect us? NO! We are to live just the same. Having a Faith unyielding to ANY circumstance. Live with Love in our hearts, but a determined un-waivering Faith in spite of the people and problems in our lives.

Ephesians 4:3
Make every effort to keep the UNITY of the Spirit through the bond of PEACE.
-------
Romans 12:18
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at PEACE with everyone.
-------
John 17:23
I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete UNITY to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
-------
Romans 15:5
May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of UNITY among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus,
-------
Matthew 10:23-42
32. "Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven.
33. But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.
34. "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I DID NOT COME TO BRING PEACE, BUT A SWORD.
35. For I have come to turn
" 'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law -
36. a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
37. "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;
38. and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
39. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
40. "He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me.
41. Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man's reward.
42. And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."
------------

It is living a Life in a God mindset! If you do this, then division will be sure to come because it goes against the worlds mindset.

If you are have struggled with this, and there are those around you, those in your family who are filled with the spirit of the antichrist, KEEP ON PRAYING FOR THEM! And No Matter what happens, do NOT change your Faith in Christ. Acknowledge Him in spite of the odds, so He will acknowledge you in front of the Father.

Be blessed by these words, have strength, be bold!

No comments: